Sunday, January 29, 2012

To Whom it may concern: Who are you?




This is the first time I have actually kept up with my BLOG. It's enjoyable, though my personal journaling has fallen to the wayside. Blogging is interesting because the website gives you stats that tell you general information about your audience: which country, which browser, even which website referred them to my blog. When I look at it, I'm so curious about how someone in Russia found my BLOG and what they thought about it. If it gave them any insight, what is their life like? Are they a person with Fibromyalgia? or a Mom? or a Christian?

Having a personal BLOG is also interesting because you really kind of put yourself out there. Sometimes you get some feedback but mostly not. I don't suppose I write because solely because I am trying to impress my audience, whoever that may be. I write because I have something on my mind. But I wonder if I could be more effective in sharing what's on my mind if I knew who was reading it.

More importantly, though, I am truly interested in my audience. Who are you? Where are you in this life journey? Are you happy? Struggling? Sick? Are you seeking something? That's the reason feedback is so important to me. Blogging, for me, isn't only about putting my thoughts out there, it's also about connecting.

In any event, wherever you are and whoever you are, I sincerely hope this post finds you well, and interested, and that you always come away from reading with a new insight, however small.

No comments:

Post a Comment